The Feisty Lily

The Feisty Lily

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Diagnosis: Impetigo .. and a "my-mare"

So, I had to take Lily to the Pedi tonight to get her feeding tube site checked out. The doctor (who annoyed the crap out of me) looked at it for a moment, and then at some red spots on her bum, and pronounced it to be impetigo.

I think the doctor is full of crap. My understanding of impetigo is it is contagious, and it causes a bad rash. Lily has 4 spots on her bum, and her feeding tube site is irritated...and its been unchanging for the past week. That doesn't sound like a bad rash. Considering Kyle and I also change her diapers, and we haven't had any sign of it... I call bullshit. However, I will faithfully apply the ointment and see if it helps.

The doctor was this younger guy who had one of the most annoying voices, and looked like he didn't have 2 braincells to rub together. Plus, he kept directing his talk to Kyle. Excuse me? I'm the mother here! I'm the one talking to you.

Grrrr.

Lily woke up late last night, crying. When I went up to her and asked her what was wrong, she told me that she 'had a my-mare'.  She cuddled close to me for several minutes, and when I laid her back down, she asked (In the saddest possible voice) "Mommy lay down with Lily?" It came out "Mommy yay down wif Yi-Yee?" Needless to say, Mommy closed up the downstairs, and went back up to lay down with her. 




No comments:

Post a Comment