The Feisty Lily

The Feisty Lily

Monday, December 6, 2010

Turning Blue

Last night, I laid Lily down on the floor for tickles. She flushed as soon as I laid her down, but it didn't really even register in my mind. Then I tickled her. Now, I know Lily has problems breathing, so I keep tickles very brief. I generally tickle for a bit, then let her catch her breath, and do it again.

This time when I tickled her (15-20 secs, max) and pulled my hands away...Lily was blue. Flushed red, and blue around the lips, temples.. I didn't freak out immediately because she was okay after I sat her up. Today I placed a call to the doctor...

The nurse's reaction that took my call was "Oh, my god." You NEVER want to hear that from a nurse. Ever. Anyways, she transferred me to another nurse, the one who works right under Dr. Daniels, and that nurse (Jennie) asked me a whole buncha questions, and said she'd call me back.

The results of the call back are we have to try oxygen 24/7 and see if that helps. If it doesn't, we have to put in a call to her pulmonologist. Its possible that Lily's left bronchus collapsed even further. If its not that, then its her PH.

I can't take much more of this. I really can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment