The Feisty Lily

The Feisty Lily

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I love my daughter. I do not like my two-year old.

I love Lily to pieces. She's the light of my life. She's also annoying the crap out of me today.

I'm just ill-tempered, and I don't really know why. She's not even being that bad, she's just being...annoying.

"Did you hear me?"
"Yes, baby, I heard you."
"Did you hear me, mommy? Did you hear me?"
"Yes, Lils. I heard you."
"Did you hear me?"

At this point, I crouch down in front of her, make eye contact and say "Yes, baby. I heard you. What do you want?"

It stops. Thank God.

Its a half hour until her bedtime, and I can't wait. I seriously need the little booger to go to sleep. I hate being in a bad mood with her, especially when I know its not her fault. I've forced myself to take her to the park the past couple days, even though its one of the very last things on my list of things I feel like doing.

I had called Dahlberg yesterday to set up Lily's new babysitter on the busroute. The driver said it wouldn't be a problem. He called me back today and said he wouldn't be able to do it. That it was outside his route. Like...2 minutes outside.

So, I called Dahlberg. Talked with the administrator, who said to give her a minute. She called back a couple hours later, and said she'd begged the bus driver.  She'd told him that if begging didn't work, she'd send him a sad-faced picture of Lily, and he would have no choice but to give in. He gave in. Haha!

So, Lily will go to Dahlberg for another year. The administrator said that they wanted Lily to continue with them, that she was such a joy - and with her fragile health, she needed them too. It was nice to hear a 'principal' actually caring about a student.


No comments:

Post a Comment