The Feisty Lily

The Feisty Lily

Thursday, December 17, 2009

So Much Better

Lily doesn't have a cardiologist visit for three months now.

She's eating 2 ounces, like clockwork, out of her bottles, so we're still going to have the Mickey Button in for a while (The button replaced the tube). She no longer needs OT, but they are going to continue to have her come just to practice the skills she already knew.

I was researching missing corpus callosums today. Kind of some scary stuff to find out. Like the fact that Lily will, almost suredly, have some sort of learning disability. In the most severe case, she could have trouble walking, talking, problems interacting with others, and severe mental retardation.

This, strangely, is harder for me to cope with than her heart problems were. I always thought to myself, "I can handle a baby with physical disabilities, but not one with a mental disability." I have no patience for people with learning disabilities. It never occurred to me that Lily could be anything less than extremely intelligent. I don't know how I'm going to handle it if she is even moderately mentally disabled.

I know I'll handle it, just like I've handled everything else... I just don't know how. I'm afraid I'll get upset with her too easily when I'm trying to teach her things. When I look into the future, and see her bringing home "C"s, if that's the best she can do...will I be disappointed? Will I be able to hug her and congratulate her, and mean it? Or will I be disappointed?

Its a tough thing to think about.

Lily's day today:

Bottle at 9:00 a.m.
Therapy from 9:15 to 10:15 a.m.
Play from 10:15 to 11:15 a.m.
Nap from 11:15 to 1:00 p.m.
Bottle from 1:00pm to 1:30 p.m.
Play from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Walk from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Nap from 3:30 to 5:30pm (Yeah, I forgot she was due for a feeding.)
Bottle from 6:00 to 6:15 p.m.
Hot Wings nomming from 6:15 to 6:30 p.m.
Bottle from 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Yeah, I gave my child Hot Wings sauce (the hot traditional) to nom on...and she loved it. She fussed whenenver I tried to eat, because she needed to nom on it first. Too cute, and too weird.

Lily's just a wee bit strange, but I like her that way.

The therapist brought a "Spin and explore garden gym" with her today. Basically, put Lily on her tummy, and let her spin on it exploring things. Not really sure how this is going to go over.

Oh, here is a recent Pic of Lily:

Its Lily with her first build-a-bear, Chomper. Yes, the bandana fits her. Yes, we've put it on her. Pictures will happen at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment